Eagle Select Baseball
The Eagles Select Baseball Program has made a strong commitment to the young baseball players in Zionsville. In conjunction with the Zionsville Little League, the Eagles Select program provides a competitive and development focused environment to grow the young men in our program as young people and baseball players through these core principles.
The Eagles Select Program offers great developmental opportunities for the young men in the program through professional instruction, structured and targeted training, increased competitive opportunities and a dedicated indoor training facility.
Beginning at 6U, players will be placed onto teams based on both subjective and objective evaluation data in order to field the most competitive-appropriate teams.
Eagles Select Green – will field our most competitive team, playing in the most competitive tournaments/doubleheaders and involve the highest commitment level.
Eagles Select Silver – will field our next most competitive team, playing in competitive-appropriate tournaments/doubleheaders.
Eagles Select White – will field a fully developmentally focused program to help the young men grow and will feature doubleheaders.
- Open to ages 6-14 (age as of August 31 of current year)
- Year-round access to indoor training facility
- HitTrax system for data-driven development of hitting, pitching and catching
- Advanced professional pitching, catching, hitting and fielding instruction
- Team and player assessments at beginning and mid-year to set and adjust training
- Small group training to better address development needs of players
- Strength & conditioning training
- Weekly optional batting, pitching and catching
- Weekly team practices and workouts
- Competitive games and tournaments in the fall, spring and summer
- 2-3 high quality uniforms
Jacob grew up playing baseball in Zionsville, and continued on to play Collegiate Baseball with the United States Military Academy. Jacob graduated in 2020 and two days later, signed a contract with the Cincinnati Reds. Jacob currently plays for the Dayton Dragon, MiLB High-A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds. Jacob leads the Select strength, speed, and agility clinics as well as general hitting and fielding.
Tyler played with ZCHS and has been playing baseball in Zionsville since he was 8 years old. He is currently a Senior at Brescia University where he is playing in the Outfield and as a Pitcher. He has been working with the Zionsville Baseball community for the last 4 years teaching private and small group lessons throughout the summer. Tyler’s lesson focuses are Fielding/Hitting/Pitching.
AJ serves as the pitching instructor for the Select baseball program. AJ pitched collegiately for Rollins College.